Saturday, January 5, 2013

30 Day Challenge Day 4



Well, I am hoping that my blogger friends will realize that creative plagiarism is a high form of a compliment.  Tangling a coffee pot was not my original idea.  I saw two of them done on Margaret Bremner's blog a week or so ago and I was mesmerized.  I mean, I had to try this.  

I purposely did not go back and look at her blog again until AFTER I tangled my pot because I did not want to be influenced into using the same tangles she did.  Which did not happen, by the way.  

I used Sharpie oil-based paint pens (Margaret used a different kind of pen) and then I did the shading with a tip from another experienced Zentangle blogger, Sandy Bartholomew, and I mixed a tiny bit of black acrylic paint into acrylic medium to make a transparent gray.  
After everything was dry I lightly sprayed two coats of  clear acrylic over it.  I am pretty happy with the results.  

I am guessing that of the 200+ artists in the 30 day challenge I am the only one that tangled a coffee pot.  :-)  

9 comments:

  1. Oh Ginny, Ginny, Ginny..... I loved looking at your studio. (can't figure out why, but I love to see other people's studios.... mine is part studio, and part grandbaby playroom.. ha !) Anyhoo, I bought a zentangle book, but I've never done anything with it... I'm inspired now. Your stuff looks so fun... I'm a painter, but taught drawing and HS art for my whole career.... thanks for sharing ! are you on facebook?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just added you to my blog list. could we trade links?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Well sure....help yourself to any of the links on my blog...

      Delete
  3. Phenomenal - and I thought I loved your T-shirt entry!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen anything like this, and I love it! I will be following your blog- thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to blog Zentangles at least once or twice a week during the Challenge.
      In between I plan to work on refreshing my wc and acrylics.

      Delete