Friday, June 16, 2017

Washi Tape


I've posted my home made washi tapes a number of times before.
I use the "plain white paper tapes" from the first aid section of WalMart or any Dollar store or Walgreens, etc.  I use inexpensive craft acrylics for this and just have lots of fun using stencils and stamps and fine line paint etc.  I love the brightest colors possible. 

 In this example I laid all the tapes out on a piece of left over foam core.  The paint soaks though a little bit.  You can do this on wax paper, freezer paper (my favorite) or a piece of plexiglass or even an old plastic table cloth or place mat.  Just so it will come up easily.    

Here I show that I am beginning to roll up the dry tapes on to a drinking straw...I use the larger "milkshake-type" straws.  It's a good way to keep them for later use. 






Here is how the straws look when you are done.  Then I just plunk them into an old mug or can and voila they are ready when I need them for collage, stationary, envelopes, or any fun use.  I like these SO much better than the commercial washi tapes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment