Saturday, December 16, 2017

A little Rumpus


This is one of the newer tangles introduced by Rick and Marie (founders of Zentangle®) recently.  It is called "Rumpus" and is really quite fun to play with.  

They have introduced a new "technique" they call "enthatching".  
This is actually "shading with a pen" instead of with graphite.
This is done with the brown pen in this example.  

Would you believe this is not really a paper bag above?
This is a "picture" of a paper bag and I just stuck my tile on it and took a photo.  

During the holidays Rick and Marie (and Marie's daughter Molly) are sharing some delightful "how to" videos.  If you subscribe to the Zentangle.com newsletter you will be getting them too.

You can see this one drawn for you if you go to tanglepatterns.com and type click on "R" and scroll down to "Rumpus".    

So now we come up on the 3rd Sunday in Advent... 
Waiting is hard for me.  But then when Christmas Eve finally comes and I hear those words again...

"In those days Caesar Augustus issued a decree that a census should be taken..." and Luke tells us the story that is engraved on our hearts, then I remember why we wait.   I've heard it every year for over 70 years now.  And it's always new.  

Below is a photo of my grandson in the Christmas pageant last year. He was 10.  And he was the only shepherd that saw the star.


I feel like that every Christmas.  Like I am seeing it again for the first time.  

I wish the same for you.  
Merry Christmas.






3 comments:

  1. Beautiful tile and I wish you a merrey Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tile is lovely!!! And so is your grandson!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Christmas to you and a Merry New Year! Lovely rumpus! I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

    ReplyDelete